2017 Board of Directors Election Results
It is our pleasure to present the 2017 ISC2-NCR Chapter Board of Directors:
Do not forget to register/RSVP for the next (ISC)2-NCR Chapter meeting which will be posted soon.
We would like to congratulate each and every member who stepped up to make (ISC)2-NCR Chapter one of the best chapter in the world.
About the (ISC)2-NCR Chapter
(ISC)2-NCR is a non-profit chapter of (ISC)2 for the National Capital Region. (ISC)² is the global leader in educating and certifying information security professionals throughout their careers. Its reputation has earned its information security certifications numerous awards and global recognition. As one of its charter chapters, (ISC)2-NCR will have access to current industry information, networking opportunities, discounts on industry conferences and many other valuable career tools.
As one of (ISC)2’s first chapters, (ISC)2-NCR is committed to advancing the goals and objectives of (ISC)2 in the National Capital Region. In that capacity, we are dedicated to expanding the population of certified information security practitioners and advocating for the information security practitioner workforce in the National Capital Region, by providing training opportunities and events that offer continuing professional education (CPE) credits; by organizing committees around thematic topics of current interest in the information security professionalization field; by publishing reports, white papers, blogs and other products that advocate and advance the interests of the information security professional in the National Capital Region; and by being a strident and consistent voice for information security workforce professionalization in the National Capital Region and across the globe.
The (ISC)2-NCR Chapter provides the following additional benefits to chapter members:
- Presentation of chapter events, including monthly conferences, special seminars, CISSP and CAP review courses, networking mixers, and the chapter’s annual meeting. Chapter members may attend chapter events for no additional charge. All events can be viewed through the chapter's event calendar.
- Publication of the chapter's newsletter, Capital InfoSecurity (notional). The newsletter contains a message from the chapter President, articles and book reviews, and chapter event information.
- Communication of chapter news and activities through periodic e-mails, the chapter news page, and an RSS news feed.
- Arrangement of special training offers for chapter members, which are listed on the chapter's event calendar.
- Providing online resources, such as presentations from chapter events and job announcements.
About the (ISC)2
(ISC)² is based out of Palm Harbor, Florida and consists of over 80,000 members worldwide. Our chapter program provides members a forum to facilitate the exchange of knowledge and ideas, development of leadership and professional skills, and advancement of information systems security. We also provide our members with access to a variety of industry resource and educational programs to keep our members informed of the latest advances in technology and techniques.
Our members consist of (ISC)² credentialed professionals who hold either a SSCP, CAP, CSSLP, and/or a CISSP or advanced concentration certification. Our chapter program is focused on sharing knowledge and exchanging ideas among security professionals in the local area. Ultimately, we want to advance the field of information security by educating practitioners and the public at large on how to protect and defend against security threats. Learn more about the benefits of becoming a Chapter Member, visit our Membership page.
Our chapter business meetings are held monthly, and professional events and activities are held at various times throughout the year. Visit our Events page for our calendar of upcoming events!
Our Mailing Address(ISC)2-National Capital Region
(ISC)2 National Capital Region Chapter January Member Meeting
January 2017 Member Meeting
(WebEx/Telephone ONLY Meeting)
- Roll Call
- Chapter Goals for 2017: Board’s draft goals for 2017 will be presented - with an opportunity for members to provide feedback
- Featured Presentation: “Linux Incident Response Triage” by Philip Polstra, Ph.D.
Philip Polstra, Ph.D., is an Associate Professor of Digital Forensics at Bloomsburg University & Author of “Linux Forensics”. Mr. Polstra presented a similar session at the 2016 CyberSecureGov conference.
When: Tuesday, January 10th from 6-8 pm
Where: This will be a WebEx/Telephone ONLY Meeting
Qualified members will earn two (2) CPEs for attending.
2. Add your name and (ISC)2 Member ID (if you have one).
Note: You will receive a confirmation email. If you don’t receive this within 48 hours you can still join to meeting but you might not receive CPE credits. So, please send another email if you don’t get a response.
TO JOIN THE MEETING
To join the meeting via WebEx:
- [Ctrl+Click] HERE to JOIN the meeting at the scheduled time
- Enter the meeting access code: 197 877 202
- Enter thispassword: GreenGorilla!
Note: Be sure to enter your name when logging in to earn CPE credits
To join the meeting via Telephone
- Dial: 1-415-655-0001
- Enter meeting access code: 197 877 202
Welcome to the (ISC)² National Capital Region Chapter
The (ISC)2 mission is to advance information security in local communities throughout the world by providing our members and other security professionals with the opportunity to share knowledge, grow professionally, educate others, and collaborate on projects. The purpose of our National Capital Region chapter is therefore straightforward: anyone with an interest in IT/Cyber security is welcome to join. All we ask is that agree to abide by the (ISC)2 code of Ethics and the National Capital Region Chapter By-Laws and not have a criminal record. Membership on the Board of Directors requires a certification with (ISC)2.
We plan to provide at least 1-2 monthly presentations by a well known speaker(s) in either Government and/or Private industry topics covering the (ISC)2 CBK domains. We will also be creating study groups for various certifications based on the needs of the membership and will be working out collaborative agreements with educational institutions for discounted IT Security classes on subjects requested by our members. In essence, if you would like to:
- stay informed on the latest trends in IT/Cybersecurity,
- exchange ideas with the IT Security leaders,
- obtain discounts to IT/Cybersecurity classes, and
- network with the colleagues and leaders in IT/Cybersecurity
then you need to become a member.
If you would like to be a part of an exciting group of professionals who are interested in discussing hot topics in information and application security, then attend one of our monthly meetings to meet the chapter and learn who we are! Or attend one of our upcoming educational conferences to learn from industry experts, network with your peers, and earn CPE credits! For a full list and details of upcoming events, visit our Events page.